Saturday, 11 June 2011

Why Steeles Avenue sucks between Birchmount and Brimley in the summer? And why it will get worse!


Many of you have taken the trip on Steeles Ave., between Birchmount and Brimley. Traffic sucks, especially in the summer. The pot-holes are awful! Transit stinks. Need I say more? Why do you say? Well frankly, it’s a Toronto owed street, heavily used by York Region residents. I suspect, although I maybe wrong, that council, for years, does not want to spend too much capital fixing, or widening the road. I remember years ago when there was the thought of putting a subway on Steeles. That will never happen! It is about to get a whole lot worse. The area around The Pacific Mall is about to be redeveloped and more condos are coming. Also, moving eastwards, there will be more retail development. I am sure those who bought homes years ago never thought they would see this type of development. My advice to you, buy an investment property and look for the housing windfall coming soon to highly condensed and busy area near you!

By: Chadich Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment