Wednesday, 13 January 2010

And you were wondering how people could afford such big homes and fancy cars!


Let’s not kid ourselves, we all have areas we live in and suspect that something is going on. We just keep hoping that it’s not our street. Long ago we lived in communities where we knew everyone and talked to each other. Now we live in the suburbs and don’t even know the names of our immediate neighbours. We don’t even pick up the garbage can, or say hello. Maybe there’s a casual nod of acknowledgement or a smile, but I know what all of you are thinking. “He’s running some type of drug lab, isn’t he?” Or “I think he’s up to no good”. I applaud our police force for doing their best; however the problem is really due to our isolation. It was self-fulfilling and the bad guys know it.  Put in a happy family and we will never know. We will continue to nod and appear like we care, but we don’t. We’ll continue to turn a blind eye to what happens around us. Gated communities, here we come!

By: Chadich Thomas

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/750327--3-charged-in-raid-on-drug-lab

No comments:

Post a Comment