Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Pacific Pirate Knock-off Mall?


I am fascinated on how open some of the retailers, in the popular Pacific Mall, in Markham; in terms of pushing pirated copyrighted DVD’s to the public. It’s almost as if they do not care. I am sure it’s because the benefits of pirating materials versus the fines just make it a worthy venture.  Maybe stronger laws will put a bit more teeth into stopping the practice. It happens all over the city, but I am amazed when speaking to individuals how open they are by saying “Oh, I get all of my DVD’s from Pacific Mall”. Maybe it is a sign to Hollywood that the material is too expensive? If people are willing to watch a crappy movie, then maybe we need to look into this issue. Are DVD’s just too expensive? Are there not enough options for consumers, or do we just like to have a reason to go to Pacific Mall? I don’t know, you tell me.

By: Chadich Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment